We Offer The Following Truck Insurance Products:
Truck Insurance Liability

Truck primary liability insurance coverage protects and defends you from a lawsuit due to damage or injuries to other people as a result of a truck accident you or a driver of your company has had. Truck Liability Insurance is the primary coverage that brokers or companies require for you to haul their cargo. This coverage is required for you to operate legally in any state. Liability limits for truckers typically range from $300,000 to $1,000,000 and is regulated by the state in which you have your truck registered. Federal agencies such as the Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulate truckers allowing them to haul from state to state legally by carrying at least $750,000 of truck liability insurance and completing a federal ICC or MC filing. For truckers who have received an ICC Filing and have “Active Authority” allowing them to cross state lines, a copy of their insurance is provided on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website showing that they have purchased the minimum of $750,000 of liability coverage.

General Liability Insurance

General Liability coverage provides broad coverage for claims other than auto or truck liability when someone has incurred property damage or injuries. Injuries or property damage sustained while on your premises, or while using a product manufactured by a company are just some of the typical types of risk this coverage is intended for. A general liability claim could also include a trucker accidentally striking or injuring a person with a package or forklift while delivering the product to their home or business.

Motor Truck Cargo Insurance

A trucker who delivers product to a customer needs protection for the freight and commodities that he has assumed responsibility. This is Cargo Insurance. The value and responsibility of the cargo should be clearly established and understood by both the shipper and the transporter before the shipment is moved. This can be done by contract, by bill of lading disclosure, or by published tariffs. Standard Cargo limits are typically $100,000, but higher limits may be needed. Refrigeration coverage is an important endorsement to a cargo policy if a trucker is hauling perishable goods that need kept cold or frozen. Cargo insurance not only covers the freight or commodities while on the truck, it can also cover the freight or commodities while loading or unloading.


Bonds, for fuel taxes and motor carrier authority, are frequently required by trucking firms. USA Insurance Broker, LLC can place your bond needs quickly. Custom bonds, performance bonds, and other bonding demands are readily available.

Non-Trucking – Bobtail coverage

If a trucker is permanently leased to a Motor Carrier and the Motor Carrier is providing primary liability coverage, The independent owner operator needs Non-trucking Liability or Bobtail coverage. In this case, the Motor Carrier provides the primary liability coverage while the owner operator is using the truck for business related purposes. Business related purposes includes transporting a load for a customer, going to get new tires or maintenance on the truck, driving it to a truck wash to clean the truck among any other business related activities. Non-Trucking coverage would apply if the owner operator took the truck to the local shopping center to pick up some groceries because his car was broken down or any other personal related driving activities.